Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Principal Butler Ginolfi resigns at Washington Middle School

From: Emily Butler Ginolfi <eabutlergino@seattleschools.org>
Date: Tue, Apr 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM
Subject: Update for WMS community
Dear Washington Community,
I am writing to let you know that I am resigning as principal of Washington Middle School at the end of the school year. 

I've worked my entire career in urban schools to advance the education of students and engage families disenfranchised by the public-school system.  After reviewing the school year, I have come to the realization that my skills and passion are better suited elsewhere.

I am committed to ensuring a strong close to the school year and a smooth transition for the next WMS leader before my last day on June 30th. I wish only the best for the students, families, and staff of the WMS community.
District office staff will reach out to the WMS community in the next few weeks and provide additional information about the transition and next school year.

Sincerely,
Principal Butler Ginolfi

1 comment:

georgia said...

Thanks to all of the WMS parents and students who worked so hard to continuously raise visibility to the issues at WMS this year. I'm especially proud of the students who led protests, attended and testified at School Board meetings and continued to make sure their voices were heard.