From one of the parents, quoting from the letter from Banda:
Specifically regarding the APP program, I want to provide the following updates:Another parent read this and said:
-APP students will remain at Lincoln for the next five school years, including this year.
-If BEX IV is approved, staff recommend moving the current north end APP elementary students to a new Wilson-Pacific building (tentatively scheduled to open for the 2017-18 school year).
-Beyond the 2017-18 school year, in addition to Wilson-Pacific we might consider additional locations for APP if enrollment continues to increase or if recommendations to provide additional regional programs are made. That’s why it is important that we build flexibility into our BEX IV plan.
-I have also asked the capital planning staff to review options at the interim site to address concerns with the play area and lunchroom facilities.
We got a letter on Friday from Jose Banda saying:Full text of the letter doesn't appear to be available easily but, if anyone finds it, please post it in the comments.
1. Lincoln is it for the next five years
2. IF BEXIV passes, a single school at Wilson-Pacific is the plan, beginning 2017-18. Regional options are possible later.
1. the debate between the ALL APP Academy and regional schools is over.
2. there is no sibling co-attendance option for North.
3. No kindergarten at APP North.
4. We're talking 900-1000 students in a single elementary school at current course and speed.
Give credit for decisiveness, but this is a pretty profound decision with no process, and there are many, many unanswered questions.
Update: The full letter. (thanks, SNAPP PTA!)
Update: Charlie Mas posts about this too over on Save Seattle Schools.